Frequently Asked Questions
What is WoundPedia?
The intentions of WoundPedia™ are to:
- Bring the evidence to the fingertips of clinicians.
- Identify the strengths and gaps in the evidence for researchers.
- Provide clinically relevant information for policymakers.
- Provide a relevant and concise summary of key clinical information for education, diagnosis and treatment.
What type of information does WoundPedia provide?
What is different about WoundPedia?
Can I reprint and redistribute WoundPedia resources?
Does WoundPedia guarantee the best results?
What is WoundPedia's intended audience?
The informational offerings presented on WoundPedia are intended primarily for the following audiences:
- Physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals and provider organizations
- Medical specialty and professional societies
- Government health care policymakers and specialists
Is WoundPedia for use by patients?
If you are a patient and are accessing this site, you should understand that the information presented is intended and designed for the use of the expert audiences previously identified.
See the FAQ above: What is WoundPedia's intended audience?
It is essential that you seek assistance from a health care professional in interpreting these materials and applying them in individual cases. The materials on WoundPedia™ were not intended for use by patients or caregivers.